Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that I will receive a portion of the product price at no additional cost to you. This money is used to help keep the blog running 🙂
1) Removing a Splinter. Removing splinters can be very challenging and painful! Apply 1-2 drops of the Protective Blend to the affected area and wait a minute or two and watch the splinter rise from the skin. Once the end of the splinter has risen from the skin, use the tweezers to remove the full splinter.
2) Freshen Stinky Laundry. We have all washed laundry and forgotten it in the washer. Don’t waste time & money by washing it again. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon or the Purification Blend to the laundry, place in the dryer and your clothes will come out smelling fresh!
3) Make Cutlery Glass Sparkle. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to your dish water and your glasses and flatware will come out shining!
4) Removing Sticky Residue from Skin. The marks left on your skin from medical tape can be very difficult to remove. Apply 1-2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil to the areas with sticky residue and massage skin until the residue is gone. This is a HUGE time saver and works very well! Remember to read about photosensitive safety tips.
5) Goodbye Spiders. Add 3-4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil to 2oz of water and spritz in the areas that spiders like to live. When using essential oils, you always want to use glass as the oils can break down the chemical components in plastic. Consider using this Glass Spray Bottle.
6) Fresh Smelling Toilet. Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to your toilet bowl to help reduce foul odours.
7) Easy Oil Removal (from bottle). Transferring essential oil to other small openings (such as a veggie capsule) can be quite challenging, try using a Glass Dropper for an easier process and to help eliminate potential waste.
8) Make Your Oils Last Longer. Sometimes the oil bottles appear empty but often there is still a drop or two still in the bottom of the bottle. Add 1-2 drops of a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil or grapeseed oil) to the bottle to get the rest of the oil out of the bottle.
9) Stronger Nails. Brittle or weak nails? Add Melaleuca directly to your nails to help strengthen them.
10) Fight Blemishes Before They Appear. Apply Melaleuca or Lemon directly to red marks or sore spots on your face before bed. This will help to reduce the likelihood of waking up with an eye sore on you face the next day! Don’t forget lemon is a photosensitive oil, learn more about the important safety precautions and other photosensitive oils.
13) Freshen Stinky Shoes. Place 1 drop of either the purification blend, lemon, or lemongrass in your shoes to help reduce odours and keep them smelling fresh. You could also place the oil on a tissue or cotton ball and leave it in the shoe overnight.
14) Respiratory Support on the Run. Add 1-2 drops of the respiratory blend to some tissues and place in your bag. Now you can get respiratory support away from home, without having to carry the bottle of essential oil around with you.
15) Too Much Sun? Soothe irritated skin by applying lavender to the affected area. Here is the perfect example of how essential oils can help relieve pain and redness caused by a sunburn.
16) Fresh Smelling Vents. Add 1-2 drops of your favourite essential oil to cotton balls or tissues and place near vents to give your home a fresh smell when the heat/air comes on.
17) Be Your Own Diffuser. Add a few drops of your favourite oil to your scarf, allowing you to inhale the aroma of your favourite oil on the go. You may also want to consider purchasing an essential oil diffuser necklace such as this one.
18) Sanitize Your Toothbrush. The other day I accidentally dropped my toothbrush on the ground right before using it… YUCK! I put a drop of the protective blend on my toothbrush to sanitize it.
19) Tooth Discomfort. Apply 1-2 drops of clove directly to the area of pain in your mouth. Use either your finger or place the oil on the toothbrush as it will make it easier to reach the back of your mouth.
20) DIY Mason Jar Drinking Glass with a Straw. I was so lucky to have my grandpa make it for me! Simply drill a hole in the lid of a mason jar and insert a stainless steel straw. Now you have an on-the-go glass that is safe to drink essential oils from!
What were the most helpful essential oil hacks on this list? Are there other essential oil hacks that you use in your daily life that weren’t on the list? I’d love to hear from you!