Today I am happy to introduce you to our guest blogger Julia!
Julia blogs about leading a healthy lifestyle. If you are interested in losing some weight or work on your body, check Julia’s blog Fit Pundit for more tips and fitness product reviews! You can also find her on Facebook.
There are many benefits of having a healthy mind and body, discussing them all could take days! When the body is in top shape, it is able to better handle the tasks and duties of the daily grind, along with the stress and demands that come with it. You are able to perform your job efficiently, play and spend quality time with your children, and hang out with your colleagues & friends. Simply put, if you feel better, you enjoy more of what everyday life has to offer.
What does it take to maintain a healthy body?
You will be surprised to know that it’s not that complicated to maintain a healthy body; in fact, there are easy habits that you can add into your day to keep healthy & fit.
Easy and simple habits that you can incorporate into your day to achieve a healthier you
To have a healthy and fit body, a regular exercise routine is a must.
But due to a packed schedule and stressful work during the week, going to the gym to workout or doing some brisk walking at the park is easier said than done! But guess what? Simple movements alone can have a positive impact in your health.
Simple tips to increase daily movement:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Walk to work instead of driving your car (if the distance allows it)
- Do some stretching and breathing exercises at your desk in the office. Check out these easy tips from WebMD which shows easy ways that you can stretch right from your desk, without feeling uncomfortable!
The lack of time to do regular exercise is not a reason for you to not be able to live a healthy life, as there are many ways for you to be active throughout the day to maintain a fit body.
While exercise is important, so is your diet! Even if you exercise regularly or lift weights in the gym, if you do not pair it with the right diet, your efforts will be down the drain.
Simple tips to improve your diet:
- Instead of packed snacks that are filled with additives and preservatives, go for fruits and vegetables instead–they are rich in antioxidant properties that are effective in getting rid of free radicals and toxins. Here are some quick and easy ways to help you increase from fruit and veggie intake and some great tips for snacking on the go!
- Consider using a food dehydrator to increase the variety of preservative-free snacks you can take with you no matter where you’re headed!
- Replace one glass of soda, juice, and flavored coffee with a glass of water. This will help you to create a habit and eventually (depending on how many sugary drinks you have per day), you will be getting the recommended 8 glasses of water a day.
- Take time to read the labels at the grocery store. If you don’t recognize the ingredients, don’t buy it.
Increasing the natural foods you eat, adding more fruits and vegetables, reducing sugar and increasing water intake are all easy things you can do to lead a happier, healthy life. Who wouldn’t love that?
How you live your daily life has an effect on your health, too.
Even small self-care activities can make a big impact on both your physical and mental health.
Simple tips to help improve relaxation:
- Go for a relaxing massage
- Get a good night’s sleep. Here are 7 tips to help improve your sleep
- Spend time with loved ones
- Watch a comedy film and have a good laugh!
- Read a good-feel book
- Spend time with your pet, studies have proved that petting a pet (of any kind) can help decrease feelings of anxiety and depression and promote relaxation
Working to have a positive attitude & outlook will help to energize your mind which is essential in achieving a healthy and fit body.
What have you incorporated into your routine for a healthy mind and body?