Many of us, myself included do not get enough sleep. Falling asleep is the hard part for me. My brain is in overdrive and I can’t shut it off, no matter how hard I try. Most nights I am still awake for 2 hours after I have gone to bed. These are the nights when I don’t use my essential oils. Usually if I don’t use oils that night, I will eventually get up and apply some as I just want to get to sleep.
Working in the social work field means that my day can be quite stressful! Some days I work late which makes it even harder to fall asleep as I didn’t have enough time to unwind and decompress after a stressful and emotion-packed day.
I have been using essential oils more and more to help with relaxation in the evening but also to help me to fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time!
Essential Oil Blends for a Restful Sleep
I recently released an essential oil ebook called Essential Oils Made Easy: DIY Diffuser & Roller Bottle Blends which is full of many different recipes which you can learn about here. Of course, as you have probably guessed, it also included recipes for sleep.
Today I wanted to share a roller bottle and diffuser recipe from my new ebook to help with sleep.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for a Restful Sleep
Sleep Like a Log Diffuser Recipe
What You Need:
- 3 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 70-100ml of water
- A diffuser– Learn what to look for when buying a diffuser here
How to Make the Blend:
- Pour 70-100ml of water into your diffuser. Please note that all diffusers hold different amounts of water. If your diffuser holds less water, please adjust the recipe accordingly.
- Add the essential oils to the water.
- Put the cover on the diffuser base, plug in & turn on.
- Place the diffuser in your bedroom and begin running it 10-15 minutes before heading to bed.
Safety Note for Children: If using this diffuser blend with children I recommend using only 1 drop of cedarwood and lavender and use a minimum of 100ml of water.
Essential Oil Roller Bottle Blend for a Restful Sleep
Drifting to Dreamland Roller Bottle Blend
What You Need
- 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops of Vetiver essential oil
- 4 drops of Frankincense essential oil (optional)
- 10ml roller bottle
- A carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
How to Make the Blend:
- Pour the essential oils into your 10ml glass roller bottle.
- Fill the remainder of the roller bottle with the carrier oil of your choice.
- Put the roller top back on the bottle and screw on the cap.
- Gently shake the bottle end for end (do this before every use).
- Apply to the soles of your feet OR to the back of your neck.
Using This Blend with Children: If making this blend for children use 3 drops of lavender, 2 drops of vetiver and 1 drop of frankincense (optional). You may need to add more essential oils later depending on the amount that works best for your child however I recommend starting with this ratio.
I hope you enjoyed this peak at 2 of the 41 recipes from my new ebook Essential Oils Made Easy: DIY Diffuser & Roller Bottle Blends. You can see everything that is included in the book and buy a copy here.
Please note there is a special launch sale until March 24, 2016 where you are able to get the book for $5.99 instead of the regular price of $7.99.
Wishing you a peaceful sleep!