There are so many ways that essential oils can be used in all areas of your home! Today I thought I would share specific ways that you can use essential oils in the bathroom!
This post will include
- All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
- Essential oil air freshener
- DIY Foaming Hand Soap
- DIY Essential Oil bar soap
- Essential Oil Toilet Cleaning Pods
- & more!
7 Ways to Use Essential Oils in the Bathroom
All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
This is a great way to use essential oils in the bathroom (& other rooms for that matter too)! I use this spray for cleaning every part of my bathroom including the mirror.
How to Make this Spray:
- A glass or aluminum spray bottle
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 8-10 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 8-10drops of Melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil
- 6-8 drops White Fir essential oil
Combine all ingredients in your spray bottle and get to cleaning! Adjust recipe in order to make smaller/larger batches. Make sure to shake the bottle before use as the oils will settle to the top after being stored.
Essential Oil Air Freshening Spray
I love using the spray for freshening up my bathroom! I plan to make a holiday scented one soon but more on that in another post!
- Glass Spray Bottle
- ½ cup of Water
- 8 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 6 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
I have also used bergamot instead of wild orange and I also quite liked that combo!
How to Make this Spray:
Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle. Gently shake the bottle before using. Mist in your bathroom when it could use some *ahem* freshening up.
To see my other essential oil sprays and get a printable recipe sheet with these 2 sprays and also a linen spray and bug spray recipe read this essential oil spray post!
Foaming Hand Soap
This hand soap is sure to save you A LOT of money on hand soap! I also like making my own because I can change up the scents each time which is awesome. I like peppermint & lemon and peppermint & eucalyptus. The reason peppermint is in both is because my castile soap is peppermint scented. If you get unscented castile soap then you will have more options for playing with scent! Also this recipe is all natural which is always a plus!
What You Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap (either scented or unscented will work just fine)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed oil (this is what I used but I think fractionated coconut oil would work just as well if that is what you have on hand).
- 12 drops of essential oil (I used eucalyptus)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- A recycled foaming hand soap bottle (or you can purchase one like this)
How to Make It:
- Rinse and clean you recycled foaming hand soap bottle.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Dr. Bronner’s soap (I used the peppermint scented kind), 1 1/2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil and 12 drops of essential oil (stay away from citrus oils as it may interact poorly with the plastic container) into the empty bottle.
- Add 1/2 cups of water to the bottle.
- Screw the pump top on to the bottle and you are ready to use!
To read helpful tips on making this read the full post here!
DIY Essential Oil Bar Soap
This soap is SUPER EASY to make! You can make it in a matter or minutes and it is super easy to customize with different scents & textures! It is also very inexpensive compared to fancy store bought soaps!
I have 2 different recipes which are very similar, the differences are the scents used and the exfoliating ingredient used!
Bar Soap Recipes
To get my DIY Relaxing Essential Oil Soap recipe read this post.
To get my DIY Exfoliating Essential Oil Soap read this post.
Both of these recipes would make a wonderful DIY Christmas gift for your loved ones!
All-Natural Essential Oil Toilet Cleaning Pods
Although you can use the all-purpose spray mentioned earlier in the post to clean your toilet, these are much easier to use!
What You Need:
- ½ cup of Citric Acid (in Canada you can get it here)
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 20 drops of lemon OR orange essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree OR eucalyptus essential oil
- Silicone Mold (in Canada you can get it here)
- Mixing Bowls (2)
To get the instructions please read the full post here! The directions have a few different steps to ensure that the citric acid doesn’t react with the water. The post breaks it down well so that there is no confusion (I hope)!
Essential Oil Toilet Paper Hack
This is a cool hack to keep your bathroom smelling fresh and it is SUPER EASY to do! All you have to do is put 1 drop of your favourite essential oil on the inside of the toilet paper roll! When you notice the smell is going away simply add another drop! This is a great all natural way to keep the bathroom smelling fresh! You can see more essential oil hacks here!
I hope you have found this post helpful in giving you tips for ways to use essential oils in the bathroom!