I started making my own essential oil soap a few months ago as I was tired of paying over $7 a bar from an essential oil company. Both my husband and I are loving this new soap! I like that I can play around with different scents but I think the best part is knowing what is actually in the soap. I also like that it is much more affordable than the factory made soap!
I have played around with different exfoliating materials in our soap as you will see in my homemade exfoliating soap post where I used chia seeds as the exfoliater. This time around I decided to use oats as I was going for a more relaxing soap. The oats exfoliate well but are less noticeable than the chia seeds.
Ok I will stop talking and will share my recipe for my homemade relaxing soap!
Homemade Relaxing Soap with Essential Oils
What You Need:
6oz of Shea Butter Soap Base
1 ½ teaspoons of oats (optional)
7 drops of lavender essential oil
7 drops of cedarwood essential oil
Yield: This will depend on the size of your soap mold. My mold allowed me to make 3 bars of essential oil soap.
Free Printable with 9 Different Essential Oils Combinations + 9 Exfoliators!
How to Make It:
1) Cut the 6 oz of shea butter soap base into cubes. This shea butter soap base is already formed into cubes in the container. Since it was a 32oz container, I just cut out 6 squares.
2) Put the cubes into a glass bowl or glass measuring cup and put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the soap base (which should be mostly liquid at this point) and put it back the microwave for another 15-20 seconds until all of the soap base has melted.
3) Add 1 & ½ teaspoons of oats to your soap base.
4) Add 7 drops of lavender and 7 drops of cedarwood essential oil.
5) Stir everything together.
6) Pour the mixture into your silicone mold.
7 ) Let sit for 2 hours
8) Pop the bars out of the mold and that’s it, they are ready to use!
Now that you have the recipe, where do you plan to store it? On a scrap of paper? Pinterest? Written on whatever was near you at the time? I was always finding great essential oil recipes but didn’t have a place to store them! This resulted in scraps of paper that often got lost or pinterest pins that got buried on my boards. So I decided to solve this problem by creating my Essential Oil Toolkit & Recipe Journal! Take a sneak peak at the video below and if you like what you see, purchase your copy as a paperback book or PDF printable HERE!
Get My Free Printable with 9 Essential Oil Soap Combinations & 9 Exfoliating Materials to Use!
It really is that easy to make your own homemade relaxing soap with essential oils!
Have you made your own essential oil soap?