1) They work! I don’t know what else I can say other than they have changed my world (I’m aware that this sounds corny). We reach for our essential oils again and again. My husband, who used to always reach for an over the counter anti-inflammatory, will now let me put peppermint on him for a headache…though he does need a little persuading at times, he knows they work!
2) Essential oils are easy to take with you on the go! I use my ‘Baubles and Bracelet’s’ case from 31 gifts to conveniently take my oils with me when I travel!
3) Essential oils can be used in so many ways: aromatically, topically, and internally allowing the user to pick the method that best works for them! Please note: only a few brands on the market can be taken internally- always read the bottle first! If it does not state ‘for dietary use’ or does not list ‘supplement facts’ on the bottle then please, please do not ingest!
4) Essential oils are so versatile! Peppermint can be used for a wide variety of problems! It can help to relieve headaches, support healthy digestion, create an energy boost, helps to cool the body and can even be used as a spider repellent! I don’t know about you but to me that is truly amazing! And that only speaks to one of the many essential oils available!
5) My essential oils get shipped right to my door- I love that!
6) Although the bottles seem so small, I find that they last a very long time! I use many of my oils on a daily basis and each bottle lasts me at least a few months (this will vary on the size of your family).
7) I am able to share natural solutions with my family and friends with varying health concerns! My grandma initially introduced me to essential oils and I am so very thankful she did! I want to keep sharing the wealth and pass on the knowledge to others!
8) Essential oils are extremely versatile! They can be used on adults, kids, pets, and can even be used for cleaning! When using essential oils on children and pets please be sure to do your research first to make sure they are safe and to see if they should be diluted! DaNelle at ‘Read Em and Weep’ wrote a fantastic post on using essential oils on dogs.
9) The internet is filled with so much information about essential oils- I learn more and more every day! Pinterest is a great place to learn more about essential oils!
10) Essential oils have opened the door to a business opportunity that I didn’t expect and wasn’t looking for! The money I make pays for my monthly oils and I am able to share something I’m passionate about with others…. it seems like a dream!
As promised, here are my top 2 reasons why I wish I didn’t love essential oils!
1) I am a little bit obsessed with essential oils… my family almost expects me to say ‘there’s an oil for that’ any time they mention an ailment, and usually I do! Sometimes this is just said as a joke (even though there probably really was an oil for that). Other times I say it because I genuinely want to help- luckily I have a very supportive group of family and friends who are open to hearing about natural solutions for their health and wellness! Although ‘there’s an oil for that’ may get a bit repetitive…I’m happy to report that a good majority of my loved ones are essential oil believers and users!
2) My friends and family are able to carry on a conversation and expect me too as well. You probably don’t understand how this is a problem- if you have read enough of my posts you know I like to talk… even in the virtual world! However they expect to actually have conversations that don’t always lead to essential oils! I know, I know… shocking! This is a struggle for me, but I am working on it! I need to be mindful of the fact that not EVERYONE wants to talk about essential oils ALL the time! But when you are passionate about something, sometimes it is hard to keep it to yourself… in moderation, sharing knowledge is a good thing! Shout out to my VERY supportive husband, family and friends who put up with me :p
What are your top 3 reasons why you love essential oils? I would love to hear from you!