Please note that this post includes affiliate links which means I make a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the links in this post.
DIY Soothing Cough Drops with Essential Oils
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp honey (get it HERE)
- Powdered Sugar (to line cookie sheet)
- Thermometer –(get it HERE)
- Cookie Sheet –(get it HERE)
- Wax Paper –(get it HERE)
- 10-20 drops doTERRA On Guard essential oil (always read the label first to ensure the oil can be ingested)
- 10-20 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil (always read the label first to ensure the oil can be ingested)
Prefer different flavours? Substitute either the lemon, the protective blend, or both with spearmint, peppermint, tangerine, or really any other minty/citrus oil.
1. Bring sugar, honey, and water to a boil slowly on med heat.
2. When it reaches 280°F Put in oils, at 300°F (when you can put a little drop in cold water and it gets hard right away) take off heat and let sit until it stops boiling and all the bubbles are gone.
3. On a cookie sheet, make a layer with powdered sugar
4. Take a small, round measuring spoon and make indents in the sugar.
5. Slowly spoon the hot sugar mixture into your powdered sugar mold.
6. Let sit until cool, sift to get the excess sugar off.
Storing Your Cough Drops:
Take your drops with you: Krista makes her own individual drop wrappers using wax or parchment paper. Cut a rectangle of the paper and wrap it around your cough drop. Twist both ends and voila, cough drops that are ready to travel with you!
Essential Oil Toolkit & Recipe Journal
Now that you have the written recipe, make sure you don’t lose it! My Essential Oil Toolkit & Recipe Journal is exactly what you need for recording all of your recipes in one place! Take a sneak peek at the video below and if you like what you see, purchase your copy as a paperback book or PDF printable HERE!