Yay! Today is day 2 in my 5 day series of DIY Essential Oil Gift Ideas! Today’s recipe is a soothing essential oil body lotion which makes a wonderful gift! I used lavender for this recipe to give it a more soothing & relaxing feel however you could use the essential oil you prefer most. In my essential oil body butter I used a combo of lemon & lime and the scent was so nice!
This recipe would pair wonderfully with my essential oil lip chap as it uses many of the same ingredients! Simply put a nice bow around them or put them in a basket and you are ready to give it as a gift! It is also a great recipe for make & take classes as well!
Be sure to check back soon as I have more recipes coming up for you in the next few days!
Other Recipes in this Series:
Be sure to stay tuned for the rest of the week as I will have upcoming recipes for:
- Essential Oil Holiday Roller Blends
- Holiday Essential Oil Room Sprays
- Relaxing Essential Oil Bath Bombs
DIY Soothing Essential Oil Body Lotion
Please note that this post includes affiliate links which means I make a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the links in this post.
Essential Oil Body Lotion Recipe:
- 1/2 cup almond or avocado oil – I used avocado oil- (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil- (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 4 tablespoons beeswax – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 1 tablespoon shae butter – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter- (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 20 drops lavender essential oil – (I use & recommend doTERRA essential oils)
- 2 – 125ml Mason Jars or any glass jar with a lid
1. Measure and prep your ingredients.
2. In a small, heat proof jar (or double boiler), combine all ingredients except the essential oil.
Place the jar into a small pot of water at a rolling boil.
Tip: make sure no water gets into the mixture as it will cause the lotion to expire quickly
3. Heat until everything is fully melted and combined (about 12 minutes).
4. While the mixture is melting, get out your storage jars.
5. Once melted, remove the mixture from the heat. Let sit 1-2 minutes then whisk in the essential oil.
6. Moving quickly, pour the mixture into jars.
7. Let sit on the counter for about 24 hours to firm up.
Yield: Makes 2 small mason jars full.
I hope you pamper yourself with this essential oil body lotion! Or better yet save one for yourself & give one jar to a friend!