I am so excited to share the first recipe in a series of 5 Essential Oil DIY posts! I have decided to share 1 recipe per day over the next 5 days to help give you ideas for holiday gift giving! This essential oil lip chap recipe is great as a gift for for personal use!
As you will see this lip chap uses lavender and frankincense essential oils which are both wonderful for soothing sore, dry & chapped lips! This is a nice thick lip chap which means it stays put on your lips and provides tons of nourishment! This recipe can be used year round but because of it’s thicker texture, it especially great in the cold Fall & Winter months!
Be sure to stay tuned for the rest of the week as I will have upcoming recipes for:
- Essential Oil Holiday Roller Blends
- Holiday Essential Oil Room Sprays
- DIY Essential Oil Lotion
- Relaxing Essential Oil Bath Bombs
Nourishing Essential Oil Lip Chap with Lavender & Frankincense
Please note that this post includes affiliate links which means I make a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the links in this post.
Essential Oil Lip Chap Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon shea butter – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 1.5 tablespoons beeswax – (Find it here in Canada or here in the US)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil – (I use & recommend doTERRA essential oils)
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil – (I use & recommend doTERRA essential oils)
- 7 lip balm tubes – (Find them here in Canada or here in the US)
1. Measure and prep your ingredients.
2. In a heat proof jar (or double boiler) place all ingredients except essential oils.
Heat over a rolling boil until everything is fully melted.
Tip: make sure no water gets into the mixture as it will cause the lip chaps to expire quickly
3. While heating, get your lip chap tubes ready.
4. When everything is combined, remove from heat. Let sit one minute. Stir in the essential oils.
5. Moving extremely quickly, use a small funnel to pour the mixture into lip chap tubes. Fill to the top.
Tip: the mixture begins to harden within minutes so don’t take your time.
6. Let sit on the counter for twenty four hours to set.
Yield: Makes 7 lip chaps.
There you have it easy to make essential oil lip chap that is perfect for both personal use and gift giving!