When I ask people why they use essential oils, many report that it is to help with mood management. And if people aren’t already using an oil to help with their mood, they want to learn more about what oils they can use to help.
Essential oils are amazing for helping to naturally support your family’s help and wellness, including helping to support various emotions. Since this is something people seem to want to know more about, I have decided to do a series on various ways you can support your mood using essential oils!
Please note that this post includes affiliate links which means I make a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through the links in this post.
How to Use Essential Oils to Uplift & Improve Your Mood
For the first post, I am going to talk about various essential oils to help lift your spirits and improve your mood on days when you are needing an extra boost!
I want to share a few recipes (a roller bottle recipe & a diffuser recipe) from my essential oil ebook which are both uplifting blends that you can make at home!
Citrus Smiles Diffuser Blend
What You Need:
- 2 drops of Bergamot essential oil
- 1 drop of Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop of Orange/Wild Orange
- 70-100ml of water
- A diffuser
Note: If you do not have bergamot just use lemon & orange (use 2 drops of each)
How to Make the Blend:
- Pour 70-100ml of water into your diffuser. Please note that all diffusers hold different amounts of water. If your diffuser holds less water, please adjust the recipe accordingly.
- Add the essential oils to the water.
- Put the cover on the diffuser base, plug in & turn on.
- Place the diffuser in an area where you are spending time such as the living room or kitchen.
Safety note: essential oils are extremely potent and it is important that proportions are adjusted for use with children. I would recommend using only 1 drop of lavender and 1 drop of cedarwood in a minimum of 100ml of water if using this blend with children.
Cheerful Roller Bottle Recipe
What You Need:
- 10 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 6 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 4 drops Orange/ Wild Orange essential oil
- A Carrier Oil such as fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
- A roller bottle (I like these ones)
How to Make it:
- Pour 10 drops of frankincense eo, 6 drops of geranium eo and 4 of orange eo to your roller bottle.
- Fill the rest of the roller bottle to the top with a carrier oil of your choice.
- Firmly push the roller top into the bottle and apply the cap.
- Gently shake the bottle end for end before applying to your skin.
Safety note: if using this blend with children adjust the recipe so you are only using a total of 6-8 drops of essential oil (i.e. 4 drops of frankincense, 2 drops of geranium and 1-2 drops of orange). Of course this is just a guideline, all children react differently so you may need to increase the blend by a few drops depending on your child. I recommend starting with this ratio and go from there.
Essential Oils Emotions Library
This is an amazing resource that I highly recommend that you check out! Heba El-Hakim has created a wonderful ( & free) library/ database where you can type in the emotion you are hoping to achieve and it will give suggestions as to what essential oils you can try.
I really love this because Heba has removed many barriers for people so they are able to quickly get information when they need it! I also love that there is more than one choice when it comes to recommended eo’s which increases the chances that you will have the oil you need on hand!
I highly recommend that you go over and check out the emotions library!
Take Your Uplifting Oils with You all Day
I find that one of the best ways to benefit from the aroma of essential oils all day is to wear essential oil diffusing jewelry! That way you are able to enjoy the aroma anywhere you go, which can be especially helpful when using essential oils to help improve your mood (in my opinion). You can learn more about the benefits of using essential oil diffusing jewelry here.
I would recommend putting a 1-2 drops of a citrus oil in your jewelry. That way you are able to enjoy the uplifting benefits of the citrus oil without worrying about phototoxic reactions on your skin. I recommend using Diffusing Mama’s jewelry as it is high quality and has a solid back so you don’t have to worry about the citrus oils getting on your skin if you are in the sun.
You can also make diffuser jewelry essential oil blends to help uplift and improve your mood! Sarah over at One Essential Community has created 3 different diffusing jewelry blends all to help brighten your mood! Go check out her blends here!
I hope you have found these tips for using essential oils to help improve your mood useful!
What emotion would you like to see me talk about next? Please leave your comments below!