With spring (knock on wood) & summer right around the corner, I thought I would share the different ways you can use these 3 oils in the coming months.
Please note that all 3 oils say they are safe for dietary use. This is assuming you are using a very high grade of essential oils. Many brands of essential oils are not safe to be ingested… ALWAYS read the bottle before ingesting any oil!
Peppermint serves as a great dietary aid and is for topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
- Feeling Full– during the summer months everyone seems more conscious of what they eat. The smell of peppermint helps you to feel full faster to help prevent over-eating.
- Headaches– add 1-2 drops to the back of neck, temples, and forehead.
- Energy– morning after a late summer night? Add a few drops of peppermint to your water or rub 1-2 drops on the soles of your feet to help give a much-needed energy boost. Reminder make sure you always drink your oils from glass and not plastic as the oils can break down the plastic particles.
- Sore Muscles– add a few drops of peppermint to 1 cup of Epsom salts and add to your bath to help soothe and relax tired aching muscles
- Sunburn Itch– reduce ‘after sunburn’ itches by rubbing in 1-2 drops of peppermint to the affected area of skin.
- Bugs & Pests be Gone! Mix peppermint oil and water in a spray bottle and spritz in areas that your creepy crawlers hang out.
- Digestion- calm an upset stomach or help reduce tummy troubles that sometimes hit you when you least expect them! Rub 1-2 drops of peppermint on your stomach or 1-2 drops on the arches of each foot.Lavender is a very popular oil and is for topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
- Reducing Bug Bite Itch– If using on children be sure to dilute first by using 1 drop of oil and diluting in a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil.
- Sleep– add 1-2 drops on your pillow to help you get some much-needed sleep after a long day in the hot summer sun (or after a normal day indoors… whatever you prefer :p )
- Scrapes, Cuts, and Bruises when using with children first apply one drop to the palm of your own hand, rub your hands together and then rub your hands on the little one’s ‘owies’.
- Relieving a Sunburn – add 2-3 drops of lavender to a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil to help cover large areas of skin
- Soothe Sunburnt Lips – use your finger to rub a drop of oil to your sore burning lips.
- Fresh Home Scent– Diffuse in the air to give a fresh scent in your home
- Headaches– rub 1-2 drops on your temples and the back of your neck.
Lemon has a very aromatic and uplifting aroma and is for topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
- Detoxify Add 2-3 drops of lemon to your water this helps to detoxify your system and serves as a refreshing drink.
- Fresh Home Scent– Diffuse in your home for a fresh clean lemon-y smell
- Cleaning– use as a disinfectant when cleaning surfaces (do not use on wood as oils will ruin the finish!)- dilute in water
- Freshens Breath– for all those summer smooches- add 1-2 drops of lemon to your morning glass of water.
- Washing Dirty Hands– add 2 drops to your soap to help clean off the grease and grime from working outdoors on your summer project
- Eliminate Sticky Messes– use lemon oil to help remove stickers from products, and gum from your children’s hair.
- Zits be Gone! – dab lemon on zits and blemishes at bedtime and by morning the size and redness will be greatly reduced.
- Soft Skin– combine fractionated coconut oil with a few drops of lemon to hydrate and refresh skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
A natural spring and summer is right around the corner for you thanks to these 3 great essential oils!
How do you plan to use lemon, lavender, and peppermint this summer? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!