Are you looking for an all-natural way to clean your home? Today I am going to share a recipe for all-natural toilet bowl cleaning pods! Simply drop the pods in the toilet, let them fizz up, give it a quick scrub and your done! A clean toilet that looks and smells great (no more harsh toilet bowl cleaning solution smell)!
This recipe is very easy to make however you do need to let it sit for at least 8 hours (preferably overnight) to allow the pods to solidify before you can use them!
I am excited to share this recipe with you and it will definitely be part of my essential oil bathroom cleaning post which will be coming out in the near future!
All-Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaning Pods
Ok, let’s get to the recipe!
What You Need:
- ½ cup of Citric Acid (in Canada you can get it here)
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 20 drops of lemon OR orange essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree OR eucalyptus essential oil
- Silicone Mold (in Canada you can get it here)
- Mixing Bowls (2)
How to Make It:
It is important that you follow these directions in these specific steps as the citric acid with react with liquid so you want to make sure you add it slowly and as described below.
In Bowl 1 (liquids):
- Mix 2 Tbsp of water with 30 drops of essential oil
In Bowl 2 (solids):
- Mix ½ cup of citric acid and 1 cup of baking soda
- Slowly add a portion of bowl 1 (liquid) into bowl 2 (solids).
- Stir the the liquid into the solids.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until the mixture somewhat solidifies. The best way to test this is to scoop some into the plan of your hand, gently squeeze it and see if it holds it’s shape.
- Now press the mixture into your silicone mold. Be sure to pack it into the mold.
- Let the pods sit in the mold overnight.
- You are now ready to use your all natural toilet bowl cleaning pods! Drop the pod in the toilet, let it fizz around, give it a quick scrub and you’re done!
- Put the remaining pods in an airtight container and store in a cool place away from moisture (so the pods don’t activate).
That’s it, an easy all-natural toilet bowl cleaning pod recipe!