I am thrilled that doTERRA has added Rose essential oil to its list!
Rose has a deep floral, spicy, almost honey-like aroma; and it’s highly desirable.
Commonly used in beauty products, Rose essential oil is the go-to for luxury skincare. The essential oil of Rose has amazing antioxidant and anti-aging properties and can be used for all skin types. When applied on the skin rose can minimize the appearance of skin imperfections, reduce the signs and stressors of aging; and improve skin irritations.
Rose essential oil is known to boost mood, reduce stress and comfort feelings of loneliness.
The effects of Rose oil are unique and it has an inviting quality that awakens your senses. Rose is seductive in nature and its strong floral notes are known for boosting libido and enhancing pleasure.
Rose essential oil comes with a hefty price tag; it’s sought after because it’s worth every single penny.
How to Use Rose Essential Oil
Add a drop or two to coconut oil and apply to the skin to speed healing time.
- Because of its antiseptic and astringent properties Rose essential oil works beautifully on acne-prone skin, burns, cuts and scarring. The application of rose combined with coconut oil will improve skin texture and soothe sensitive or inflamed skin.
Combine a few drops with your moisturizer or body lotion to tone and hydrate the skin.
- Rose is often used in beauty products because it’s powerful. Rose essential oil hydrates and tones aging skin, leaving behind a brighter complexion. Using Rose can improve the appearance of stretch marks and other imperfections.
Combine with carrier oil and create a custom blend perfume.
- Roller bottles (or roller balls) are an easy, portable and cost-effective way of enjoying your essential oils. Rose can be used on pulse points similar to perfume and combines well with jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang and sandalwood; or combine with orange, tangerine or mandarin essential oil for a sweeter, refreshing aroma.
Spritz on the face to rejuvenate and rehydrate skin throughout the day.
- Fill a spritzer bottle with water and add a couple drops of Rose essential oil; spritz whenever you need a skin refresher or to calm sensitive skin. A DIY face spritzer is one of my favorite ways to use Rose and it makes for a wonderful pick me up in the morning and midafternoon.
Use in a diffuser for aromatherapy.
- Rose essential oil should be diffused during times of anxiety or stressful situations. Rose is uplifting and will encourage energy, confidence and positivity. It can be used during meditation or yoga for emotional balance, focus and calm. Mix Rose with Lavender essential oil in the evening for relaxation and to improve the quality of your sleep.
Use on the lips to soothe, hydrate and comfort irritation.
- Combine Rose essential oil, coconut oil and shea butter for a comforting lip balm during breakouts, sun exposure or other lip irritations. This lip treatment is hydrating, soothing and can speed healing.
Use Rose essential oil in your regular bath routine as a soak or after-bath oil.
- Combine a few drops of rose essential oil with coconut milk for a luxurious bath soak that will improve circulation, hydrate and calm the skin and reduce stress. Combine Rose oil with carrier oil and apply after the bath to lock in moisture. Regular use of Rose essential oil reduces the signs of aging.
Put a couple of drops in a steaming bowl of water for a comforting facial steam.
- Steam inhalation can be used to ease the symptoms of a cold. Rose oil combines well with lavender and chamomile for congestive symptoms.
Combine with olive oil for a DIY hair mark.
- Combine one drop of Rose essential oil to one Tablespoon of Olive oil for a nourishing hair mask. This hair mask will leave your hair healthier, stronger and shiny. All you have to do is apply it to your hair roots and voila, you’re done.
The benefits of Rose essential oil go far beyond beauty and your skin. Rose enhances your appearance but also balances emotions and boosts mood. Rose is the perfect oil for comforting a broken heart and provides emotional support during difficult times. Rose can help you feel positive and confident throughout the day and the aroma instills positive energy all around you.